Leica M8 experience, some additional thoughts
After using Leica M8 for a some time it is time for some additional thoughts.
- It is nice to use. Rangefinder takes time to master, and most of the shots I take are crap. But those that doesn’t fail… well, they are very nice.
- Leica M8 is a tank. Even DSLR’s seems bigger, they usually feel like plastic. Leica is like a hammer.
- I hate the brick (charger). It’s cumbersome and fugly.
- Leica M8 is a bit unstable sometimes. I have managed to crash it more than once.
- It is too easy to switch the camera for self-timer or continuous shot.
- I would hope that the rangefinder would be more brighter. Now it feels like watching through smoked glass.
- I like the simplicity of the controls. It feels like I am in control. If I fail the shot, there is no one else to blame. 🙂
All and all, I love the Leica M8. I am pretty sure that I will buy some newer version as soon as I have the cash for it, but this will do until then.